Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm Baaack!


It's hard to believe that I was counting down the days before my trip and now in the blink of an eye....I'm back. It was simply amazing! I cannot begin to express just how overwhelming an experience it was to visit the Holy Land. I did just fine on the airplane rides...just a little nervous at take-offs and landings. I flew on a prop plane for the very firt time between Baltimore and Newark-that was scary! Jet lag really kicked my butt, but the experience was wonderful. The Anti-defamation league took care of us as if we were dignitaries. I've never seen such respect and admiration shown to teachers. We met many that are trying to make a difference in the lives of children that are in war torn areas. Why don't we hear about that in the news? My visit to Yad VaShem (Holocaust Museum) was one of the most impactful for me. I will absolutely try to return there. Can you imagine hearing Sunday Mass in the church of the Holy Sepulcher? I did-and feel as if such a gift was given me. I know that I haven't yet realized processed all aspects of this experience, but I am truly grateful to have been chosen to participate in this seminar that will make me a better teacher. This picture was taken while we were sailing on the Sea of Galilee-I really have to pinch myself to believe that I really lived this experience!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I look forward to reading about your trip. Yes, we don't often hear about the good things that are being done in a country, do we.

How wonderful that you, as teachers, were treated well. That was a pleasant change, wasn't it.