Sunday, January 13, 2008

Waiting for Ling-Ling

My husband and I have been waiting for a little girl we call Ling-Ling for about 22 months. It is only until very recently that this has become "real" to me. I am a mother of two college students so the feelings of "can't wait" really have not been part of my adoption experience. When I read other waiting family blogs, I realize that my experience is very different from all of those waiting moms. Sometimes it makes me feel very guilty. It does not, however, mean that I do no look forward to this little girl that will one day be my daughter. In fact, I truly believe that everything happens WHEN it is supposed to happen. We should not force nor rush a situation. It has taken this long to get Ling-Ling, because the little girl that will one day be ours is not ready to be placed in our home yet. Call it the Hand of God, Fate, or Karma....She will be given to us when the time is right. In the meantime, I work on making myself a better person, and in further strengthening the family that she will one day be a part of.

No comments: