Friday, March 28, 2008

Spring Break

One of the "perks" of being a teacher is the holidays. In order to stave off burnout the powers that be make sure to sprinkle our school year with numerous days off...Thank God! I am nearing the end of this year's spring break. I had a nice time relaxing and working around the house. I feel that we accomplished many chores and to-dos that needed doing, yet so much more to be done! I will begin getting all my school "stuff" ready by tomorrow....and then it will be downhill until the end of the year. I teach seniors and as far as they are concerned they are finished with high-school. I have written my lesson plans for the next four weeks in such a way that it will allow me to stay sane and afford them the opportunity to get through the next month without failing. Our school graduates the seniors in May rather than in June.

On a happy note I can report that I am feeling almost all well. I still have some brething issues, but nothing like December and January. This really felt like I was never going to get better. I have a follow up appt. in about 3 weeks and am very hopeful that by then I will be 100% well. And I pray that never again I experience this asthma/bronchitis mess! This leads me to bring up Tricia and Nate again. I've kept up with their blog as I am so inspired by their story. Little do they know how much and how many unlikTely people pray for them. Their blog is Confessions of a CF husband. don''t know how to add a link to the blog, but if you google it you'll find it. Tricia is still waiting for new lungs, and their little baby is slowly but surely growing. What is amazing is the power of God's love in them...their is no despair-or at least none that is long lasting. They always turn to Jesus and put their faith and trust that everything that happens is for the glory of God. I can't tell you how much this helped me whenever I was feeling so down when I was sick. What I did was everytime I got depressed and anxious about not getting better fast enough I thought about Tricia and what she was probably going through...I then offered prayers for her. I hope that in a very small meaningless way I helped. I know praying for her helped me "see" things so much more clearly. Is this "God's plan" mean? Does he work in ways that we don't understand-and will never see for ourselves, yet nonetheless miracles are happening?

I continue to pray for Tricia-I hope she gets her new lungs so that her baby daughter has the joy of growing up with her mom!